Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Upcoming Events

Boy - once I got B. into a full outfit, things have taken off! She was initially a little reluctant about the convention scene, not having quite realized that I was already exposed and quite enthusiastic - but after last year's MileHiCon, she started to understand that we really do fit in with the SF/SP crowd, and that made getting her to AnomalyCon that much easier. And she really had a blast on the steam train ride at the Mensa AP, so now there seems to be no end in sight...

We spent much of last weekend ordering additional patterns, getting the sewing machine serviced, shopping for a second machine with embroidery features (a lower-end one for now while we save up for a pro-grade machine that can handle leather...), and getting tickets and reservations made for several events over the next few months. We're committing to MileHiCon (can't miss Cherie Priest as GoH!), then SteamCon the following weekend, then a break, then the Steampunk Cruise in March, followed by AnomlyCon the weekend after.

I've got a couple of new canvas waistcoats and a banded-collar "tux" shirt that will accept detachable collars - just need to remove a sleeve button and replace it with a buttonhole and I'll be ready to find some nice, steamy cufflinks. Shepler's down in the DTC carries the period stuff on the men's side, though the pants were not my size (will need to order online, I suspect - and/or make my own, once I learn to sew).

No comments:

Post a Comment